Cacao Bukini Granola
Updated: Mar 10, 2020
This is my go to sweet snack that I pair with coconut yogurt and berries.
1 cup bukinis (activated buckwheat)
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup almond flakes
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup cacao powder
3tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup cacao nibs
3 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 150˚c and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula.
3. Add rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil and mix with spatula until the dry ingredients are coated in the syrup.
4. Scoop half the mixture onto the baking tray and spread out in a rough even layer. Some of the mixture will stay in large clusters, leave them as is.
5. Bake for 10 min, then stir the mixture gently to keep the clusters from falling apart. Cook for a further 10min.
6. Once cooked remove the baking paper from the tray with the bukini mixture on it and let it cool completely. Reline tray with paper and repeat with other half of the mixture.
7. When all the bukinis are cooled store in an airtight jar. Serve with your favourite coconut yogurt, dried fruit or fresh berries.